If you are experiencing anxiety or stress due to deadlines, too much work, an over packed schedule, financial difficulties, health problems, caring for family members, or too many life challenges all at once, my stress reduction service will help you quickly regain a sense of calm and control. You will learn tools that you can begin using immediately to feel better.
My Three -Session Stress Reduction service includes the following:
- You describe how your stress or anxiety is manifesting, including your physical and emotional symptoms.
- We discuss the probable causes of your stress or anxiety. Sometimes people can identify one specific situation, while others will say it’s more general, or that it is arising from multiple sources (job, kids, finances, health).
- I help you choose which of the five techniques below you want to learn first. You practice the technique at home over the next week.
- thought-changing techniques that promote balanced thinking
- physical techniques, such as exercise and dietary changes that boost anxiety-reducing brain chemicals
- relaxed breathing techniques
- meditation (just 12 minutes per day reduces anxiety)
- We review how the first technique worked, and modify it if necessary. We then choose one or two additional techniques to learn and practice.
- We review what you’ve learned, and we discuss whether you’d benefit from additional assistance.
- For your convenience, sessions can be held in-person, by phone, or by videoconferencing over the Internet (Skype, Facetime, etc.)